~=Ron=~

Introduction

1 post in this topic

bible_bookmarker_md_clr.gif

Jesus said,

"I came to cast fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled".   Luke 12:49

Understanding the Bible would be simpler if we could interpret every statement and
every word literally. No conflicts in thought or doctrine would exist to divide the church
as a whole. Our focus could be spent in simply living, loving and growing in the
Word of God.

From the words of Jesus in Luke 12:49 it's obvious that not everything he stated can
be taken literally, since there is no record of Jesus starting fires as his main mission
and focus.  His words obviously had a deeper meaning.  

This is just one of the many verses that challenge us to look for deeper and more
profound meaning in the Bible. It is well known that Jesus spoke in symbol and parable
and would even say, near the end of his life, 
"I still have many things to say to you, but
you can not bear them now."  John 16:12

Exploring the hidden treasures and essential meaning of the Bible has been the quest
of scholars and everyday students of scripture throughout history. Emmanuel Swedenborg, 
an 18th Century scientist and Bible scholar, referred to this as "understanding the arcana
(inner meaning) of the Word." 

13718740_1325338217496276_1301196113899088629_n.jpg.4ea1ea96ca4be8b876f54a30f1b00dde.jpg

It's our hope that those who can study these pages with sincerity and an honest appreciation 
for the truth can likewise be moved and challenged to touch the heart of God.  The contents
here are being expressed in a Unificationist's perspective.  

This site is certainly a work in progress, and a labor of  love. But like anything that grows, 
it's part of the wonder of  life to watch its processes and surprises unfold. We hope you
become a frequent visitor and friend. And through it all, may God Bless you and those you
love.